Duke vs UCONN Prediction - College Football Picks 9/23/23
UCONN Huskies (0-3) vs Duke Blue Devils (3-0)
Game Info: Saturday, September 23, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field)
Betting Odds: UCONN Huskies +21.5 -- Over/Under: 45 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBSSN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Duke Blue Devils and UConn Huskies face off on Saturday in a Week 4 college football showdown at Rentschler Stadium.
Duke’s Offense Looks to Continue Success
Duke comes into this game with a 3-0 record overall and their offense has been really good heading into this game. Duke opened up the season with a victory against Clemson, and they haven’t looked back as they have knocked off Lafayette and Northwestern. In the last game against Northwestern, the offense scored 38 points while the defense gave up only 14 points. Riley Leonard had a strong game completing 15 of his 20 passes for 219 yards. He also rushed 13 times for 97 yards and two touchdowns. Duke is averaging 36 points while their defense is giving up nine points per game.
Duke Betting Trends
- Duke has won nine of its last 10 games in September.
- Duke has covered the spread in six of its last seven games.
- Duke has won the first half in each of its last three games against non-conference opponents.
- Four of Duke's last five road games in September have gone UNDER the total points line.
UConn is Still Awful
This was supposed to be the year that UConn turned the corner, but three games in, that doesn’t look like it’s going to be the case. In the last game against FIU, UConn was the favorite, but that didn’t mean much. The offense only managed 17 points and that led to the seven point defeat. UConn completed 15 of his 32 passes for 170 yards and one touchdown. Running back Devontae Houston finished with 19 carries for 126 yards. UConn is averaging 15 points while the defense is giving up 27.7 points per game.
UConn Betting Trends
- Connecticut has lost 14 of its last 15 games in September.
- Connecticut has covered the spread in five of its last six games against opponents from the Atlantic Coast Conference.
- Connecticut has lost the first half in each of its last four games against non-conference opponents.
- Ten of Connecticut's last 11 games against AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Duke vs UConn Facts
- Connecticut was one of only 26 FBS teams to win 2+ games when trailing after Q3 last season.
- Connecticut ranked T26th among FBS teams for H2 points allowed per game last season (10.5).
- Duke ranked T7th among FBS teams for H1 win percentage last season (.769).
- Duke ranked T21st among FBS teams for Q2 win percentage last season (.615).
Shane’s Free Pick
This Duke team is impressive, and they are going to find success again in this game. UConn only scored 17 points in the last game and they are going to struggle to get to that number here. Duke is going to be getting another big game from Leonard and that is going to be the difference here. Duke is going to run up the score, and this is going to be an easy victory for Duke. Back the Blue Devils against the spread.