Buffalo vs Louisiana Prediction - College Football Picks 9/23/23
Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (2-1) vs Buffalo Bulls (0-3)
Game Info: Saturday, September 23, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Cajun Field)
Betting Odds: Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns -9 -- Over/Under: 59 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Buffalo Bulls and Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns face off on Saturday in a Week 4 college football showdown at Cajun Field.
Louisiana Looks for Second Win in a Row
Louisiana comes into this game with a 2-1 record overall and they are coming off a huge victory in the last game. Louisiana faced off against UAB and the offense scored 41 points on the way to the victory. Louisiana scored 24 points in the second quarter and that was the difference as they were able to secure the win. Jacob Kibodi had a strong game finishing with seven carries for 108 yards and a touchdown. Louisiana is averaging 36.7 runs while while their defense is giving up 24 points per game.
Louisiana Betting Trends
- Louisiana has won each of its last eight home games in September.
- Louisiana has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four September games as a favorite.
- Louisiana has won the first quarter in five of its last six games against non-conference opponents at Cajun Field.
- Louisiana has won the first half in six of its last seven home games against non-conference opponents.
- Nineteen of Louisiana's last 22 games against non-AP-ranked teams at Cajun Field have gone UNDER the total points line.
What an Awful Start for Buffalo
It has been an awful start for Buffalo and coming into this game they sit with an 0-3 record overall. In the last game against Liberty, Buffalo scored 27 points, but the defense gave up 55 points and that led to the blowout defeat. Buffalo is averaging 27 points but their defense is giving up 44.3 points per game. The offense is ranked 80th in the league but in this game the defense is going to need to be better. Quarterback Cole Snyder has thrown for 735 yards, nine touchdowns, and two interceptions.
Buffalo Betting Trends
- Buffalo has lost five of its last six September games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The underdog has covered the spread in five of Buffalo's last six games.
- Seven of Buffalo's last eight games in September have gone OVER the total points line.
Louisiana vs Buffalo Facts
- Louisiana was one of only six FBS teams to lose 4+ games when leading after Q1 last season.
- Louisiana was one of only eight FBS teams to lose 3+ games when leading after Q3 last season.
- Buffalo was one of only 14 FBS teams to lose 3+ games when leading at HT last season.
- Buffalo was one of only 26 FBS teams to win 2+ games when trailing after Q3 last season.
Shane’s Free Pick
Louisiana scored 41 points in the last game and they are going to have no issue running up the score again in this game. Louisiana is going to have no issue running up the score again here. Buffalo is going to struggle to move the ball on the ground and that is going to be the difference here as Louisiana is going to get the job done. Louisiana is going to win by at least two touchdowns. Back Louisiana against the spread.