Army vs Syracuse Prediction - College Football Picks 9/23/23
Syracuse Orange (3-0) vs Army Black Knights (2-1)
Game Info: Saturday, September 23, 2023 at 12:00 pm (JMA Wireless Dome)
Betting Odds: Syracuse Orange -13 -- Over/Under: 51 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ACC Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Army Black Knights and Syracuse Orange face off on Saturday in a Week 4 college football showdown at the Carrier Dome.
Army Has Impressed This Season
Army lost their first game of the season against Luoisiana-Monroe, but in the last two games they have looked good. In the second game, Army beat Delaware State 57-0 and in the last game against UTSA, they were able to secure a 37-29 victory. Army was up 14-0 at the end of the first quarter and they were able to hold on late. Bryson Daily had a strong game completing 7 of his 17 passes for 133 yards and a touchdown. Hayden Reed also had a strong game on the ground finishing with 20 carries for 107 yards and a touchdown. In this game, it’s going to come down to the defense stepping up.
Army Betting Trends
- Army has won three of its last four September games as a road underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Army has covered the spread in eight of its last nine games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Army has lost the first half in three of its last four road games against opponents from the Atlantic Coast Conference.
- Each of Army's last four September games as a road underdog against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Syracuse Impresses against Purdue
Syracuse comes into this game with a 3-0 record overall and they sure looked impressive in the last game against Purdue. Syracuse scored 35 points including 14 points in the 4th quarter on the way to the victory. Garrett Shrader threw for 184 yards, but he was most impressive on the ground. He finished with 25 carries for 195 yards and four touchdowns. Syracuse on the season is averaging 49.3 points while their defense is giving up nine points per game. The offense is ranked 5th while the defense is ranked 4th.
Syracuse Betting Trends
- Syracuse has won each of its last nine September games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The favorite has covered the spread in each of Syracuse's last six games at JMA Wireless Dome.
- Syracuse has won the first quarter in three of its last four home games against non-conference opponents.
- Syracuse has won the first half in 12 of its last 16 games against non-conference opponents at JMA Wireless Dome.
- Nine of Syracuse's last 12 games at JMA Wireless Dome have gone UNDER the total points line.
Army vs Syracuse Facts
- Syracuse ranked T30th among FBS teams for H1 points allowed per game last season (10.7).
- Syracuse ranked T30th among FBS teams for Q1 win percentage last season (.538).
- Army ranked T27th among FBS teams for H1 win percentage last season (.667).
- Army ranked T28th among FBS teams for H2 points allowed per game last season (10.6).
Shane’s Free Pick
This Army team is going to cover a lot this season as underdogs, and it’s going to be no different in this game. This Army offense is good, and I’m still not sold on the Syracuse defense. Army is going to have no issue running wild in this game, and that is going to be the difference here. Syracuse probably still finds a way to win this game, but Army will keep it within a touchdown. Back Army against the spread.