Wisconsin vs Purdue Prediction - College Football Picks 9/22/23
Purdue Boilermakers (1-2) vs Wisconsin Badgers (2-1)
Game Info: Friday, September 22, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Ross-Ade Stadium)
Betting Odds: Purdue Boilermakers +6 -- Over/Under: 53.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FS1 Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Wisconsin Badgers and Purdue Boilermakers face off on Friday in a Big Ten college football showdown at Ross-Ade.
Purdue Setting Up for Long Season
It looks like it could be a long season for Purdue who come into this game with a 1-2 record. The only win for this team came against Virginia Tech, and the Hokies look like they could have a long season. In the first game of the season against Fresno State the Boilermakers were defeated 39-35 and in the last game against Syracuse they were defeated 35-20. Against the Orange, the Purdue defense was awful against the run. They allowed Syracuse quarterback Garrett Shrader to rush for 195 yards and four touchdowns. Purdue is averaging 26.3 runs while their pitching is giving up 30.3 runs per game.
Purdue Betting Trends
- Purdue has lost three of its last four games at Ross-Ade Stadium.
- Purdue has failed to cover the spread in each of its last six home games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Purdue has won the first quarter in three of its last four games against conference opponents at Ross-Ade Stadium.
- Five of the last six games between Wisconsin and Purdue have gone OVER the total points line.
Still a Lot of Questions for Wisconsin
Wisconsin comes into this game with a 2-1 record overall but there still seem to be a lot of questions surrounding this team. The one loss for Wisconsin came against Washington State, and they were defeated 31-22. The defense in that game wasn’t good enough during the first half and that led to the defeat. In the last game against Georgia Southern, Wisconsin bounced back and they were able to secure the 35-14 victory. This is still a run first team with Chez Mellusi and Braelon Allen splitting carriers. Both have rushed over 250 yards and both rushed for four touchdowns.
Wisconsin Betting Trends
- The home team has won each of Wisconsin's last three games.
- Wisconsin has failed to cover the spread in six of its last seven games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Each of Wisconsin's last three games as a favorite against Purdue have gone OVER the total points line.
Purdue vs Wisconsin Facts
- Purdue ranked T38th among FBS teams for H2 win percentage last season (.571).
- Purdue ranked 39th among FBS teams for Q1 points allowed per game last season (4.7).
- Wisconsin ranked T16th among FBS teams for Q1 points allowed per game last season (3.8).
- Wisconsin ranked T33rd among FBS teams for H1 win percentage last season (.615).
Shane’s Free Pick
This game is shaping up to be a blowout. Purdue struggles to stop the run, and now they have to face a team in Wisconsin that has had a lot of success with the running game this season. Wisconsin is going to use their two headed monster in the backfield to run wild all over the Purdue defense. Purdue is going to also struggle to move the ball against the Wisconsin defense, and that is going to be the difference here. Back Wisconsin against the spread.