UTEP vs Arizona Prediction - College Football Picks 9/16/23
Arizona Wildcats (1-1) vs UTEP Miners (1-2)
Game Info: Saturday, September 16, 2023 at 11:00 pm (Arizona Stadium)
Betting Odds: Arizona Wildcats -18 -- Over/Under: 57.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The UTEP Miners and Arizona Wildcats face off on Saturday in a Week 3 college football showdown at Arizona Stadium.
How Bad is UTEP’s Offense?
Northwestern is one of the worst power five teams in all of college football and all they did last weekend was lose to them 38-7. At the end of the first quarter they were tied 7-7, but they couldn’t get any more offense going the rest of the game and that led to the blowout defeat. Under center for UTEP was Gavin Hardison and he completed 17 of his 25 passes for 191 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions. In this game, Hardison is going to need to clean up on the interceptions. The defense also needs to clean up the mistakes.
UTEP Betting Trends
- UTEP has lost 21 of its last 22 September games as a road underdog.
- The home team has covered the spread in five of UTEP's last six games.
- Six of UTEP's last seven games in September have gone UNDER the total points line.
Is Arizona Better Than Many Expect?
Arizona comes into this game with a 1-1 record, but they didn’t look awful in the loss. Heading into the season, there weren’t many expectations for this Arizona team, but they almost have two wins. In the first game against Northern Arizona, the WIldcats were able to secure the 38-3 victory. In the last game against Mississippi State, they were able to force overtime but they ended up losing 31-24. Under center for Arizona is Jayden de Laura and he has thrown for 627 yards, five touchdowns, and five interceptions.
Arizona Betting Trends
- Arizona has lost 31 of its last 38 games.
- Arizona has failed to cover the spread in four of its last five September games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Arizona has won the first half in three of its last four home games against non-conference opponents.
- Three of Arizona's last four games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
UTEP vs Arizona Facts
- Arizona ranked 37th among FBS teams for H2 points per game last season (15.2).
- Arizona ranked 39th among FBS teams for Q4 points per game last season (8.4).
Shane’s Free Pick
UTEP is awful, and even a team like Arizona is going to have no issue running up the score here. This UTEP defense is awful, and Arizona has already proven they can run up the score against bad defenses. I also expect Hardison to really struggle to move the ball for UTEP and that is going to be the difference here here Arizona is going to have no issue winning here. Back Arizona against the spread.