San Diego State at Oregon State Prediction - College Football Picks 9/16/23
Oregon State Beavers (2-0) vs San Diego State Aztecs (2-1)
Game Info: Saturday, September 16, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Reser Stadium)
Betting Odds: Oregon State Beavers -20.5 -- Over/Under: 46.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The San Diego State Aztecs will head up to Corvallis to meet the Oregon State Beavers in non-conference action this week for Reser Stadium on FS1.
San Diego State Aztecs Preview
San Diego State enters at 2-1 after falling to UCLA at home by a final score of 35-10. The Aztecs were outmatched after the first quarter by the in-state Bruins, and they’ll seek differential results against the Pac-12 this week.Through three games, the San Diego State offense is scoring 22.0 ppg, while gaining 148.3 ypg through the air, and rushing for 174.5 ypg.
SDSU Player Notes
• Jalen Mayden naturally struggled against the UCLA defense, passing for 196 yards with a touchdown to three interceptions. Despite that outing, Mayden has quietly brought stability to the position that gave SDSU the most trouble last season, and he’ll face another stiff test here in Oregon State. Mayden has passed for 445 yards, with four touchdowns to five interceptions, while rushing for 205 yards and a pair of scores thru three starts.
• Junior RB Jaylon Armstead reached the 60-yard mark in the first two contests, and he leads the backfield with 147 rushing yards for the season.
• Junior wideout Mekhi Shaw caught five passes for 54 yards, and the lone touchdown in the loss to the Bruins.
Oregon State Beavers Preview
Oregon State enters at 2-0 after defeating UC Davis in Corvallis by a big margin, 55-7. The Beavers handled business against the FCS-based Aggies, and they’ll look to pin a third straight win over the Golden State to open the season. Through two contests, the Oregon State offense is scoring 48.5 ppg, passing for 228.5 ypg, while gaining 233.0 ypg on the ground.
ORST Player Notes
• DJ Uiagalelei enjoyed another short, successful evening in the win over UC Davis, passing for 107 yards, and totaling three touchdowns (2 pass, 1 rush). The former Clemson QB may have found himself a home in Corvallis, and he’ll look to avoid the upset to SDSU here at home. Uiagalelei has passed for 346 yards, with five passing touchdowns, and three rushing scores through two games.
• Sophomore back Damien Martinez continues to be productive out of the backfield for the Beavers, and after surpassing the 100-yard mark in both contests, he leads the team in rushing at 249 yards.
• Junior wideout Silas Bolden has reached fifty yards in both games, and he’s first in the team with 118 yards.
Corey’s Free Pick
Oregon State looks like the real deal after pairing DJ Uiagalelei with Damien Martinez in the backfield, but this will be their toughest test yet. San Diego State may not win this game, but Brady Hole’s going to have this team ready to fight, and they could wind up keeping things close long enough to capitalize on the generous margin. Oregon State is brewing something special in the final days of the Pac-12, but let’s put that to test, and spot SDSU the points for this contest.