Kansas vs Nevada Prediction - College Football Picks 9/16/23
Nevada Wolf Pack (0-2) vs Kansas Jayhawks (2-0)
Game Info: Saturday, September 16, 2023 at 10:30 pm (Clarence Mackay Stadium)
Betting Odds: Nevada Wolf Pack +28 -- Over/Under: 61.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Nevada Wolf Pack and Kansas Jayhawks do battle Saturday night in a week 3 college football showdown at Mountain Mackay Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Kansas Jayhawks Betting Preview
The Kansas Jayhawks take the road for the first time after beating Missouri State and Illinois. Kansas looks for its second 3-0 start in the last 14 seasons. Jalon Daniels is completing 72.4 percent of his passes for 277 yards, 2 touchdowns and 1 interception. Lawrence Arnold and Luke Grimm have combined for 268 receiving yards and 1 touchdown, while Quentin Skinner has 6 receptions. The Kansas Jayhawks ground game is averaging 253.5 yards per contest, and Devin Neal leads the way with 214 yards and 2 touchdowns. Defensively, Kansas is allowing 20 points and 279 yards per game. Hayden Hatcher leads the Kansas Jayhawks with 10 tackles, Jereme Robinson has 3 sacks and Kwinton Lassiter has 2 interceptions.
Kansas Jayhawks Team Facts
- The favorite has won each of Kansas' last 10 games.
- The favorite has covered the spread in seven of Kansas' last eight games.
- Kansas has won the first half in six of its last seven games against non-conference opponents.
- Each of Kansas' last seven road games in September have gone OVER the total points line.
Nevada Wolf Pack Betting Preview
The Nevada Wolf Pack could use a win after losing to USC and Idaho in their first two efforts. Nevada looks to avoid its first 0-3 start since the 2017 CFB season. Brendon Lewis is completing 56.6 percent of his passes for 286 yards, 0 touchdowns and 1 interception. Jamaal Bell and Spencer Curtis have combined for 274 receiving yards and 1 touchdown, while John Jackson III has 5 receptions. The Nevada Wolf Pack ground game is averaging 83.5 yards per contest, and Sean Dollars leads the way with 81 yards and 1 touchdown. Defensively, Nevada is allowing 49.5 points and 565.5 yards per game. Richard Toney Jr. leads the Nevada Wolf Pack with 12 tackles, Tongiaki Mateialona has 1 sack and Aedan Seiuli has 1 pass deflection.
Nevada Wolf Pack Team Facts
- Nevada has lost each of its last 12 games.
- Nevada has failed to cover the spread in each of its last six games at Mackay Stadium.
- Nevada has lost the first half in each of its last four games against non-conference opponents.
- Four of Nevada's last five home games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Kansas ranked 21st among FBS teams for points per game last season (35.6).
- Kansas ranked T21st among FBS teams for Q2 win percentage last season (.615).
The Kansas Jayhawks have BYU on deck next week, so there's a possible look ahead spot here. However, Kansas has its quarterback back in Jalon Daniels and is as talented and balanced as this program has been in quite some time. The Nevada Wolf Pack are not only winless on the year, but are 118th in total offense, 128 in scoring offense, 132nd in total defense and 130th in scoring defense. Nevada just lost by 27 points to Idaho last week. It's bad, folks. Backing Nevada even at a larger number isn't an option. Give me Kansas in a road beat down.