Fresno State vs Arizona State Prediction - College Football Picks 9/16/23
Arizona State Sun Devils (1-1) vs Fresno State Bulldogs (2-0)
Game Info: Saturday, September 16, 2023 at 10:30 pm (Mountain America Stadium)
Betting Odds: Arizona State Sun Devils +3 -- Over/Under: 51 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FS1 Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Fresno State Bulldogs and Arizona State Sun Devils face off on Saturday in a Week 3 College Football showdown at Sun Devil Stadium.
What A Start for Fresno State
It’s been quite the start for Fresno State, and they come into this game with a 2-0 record. Fresno State faced off against Purdue in the first game and they were able to secure the 39-35 victory. In the second game against Eastern Washington, Fresno State didn’t play as well but they were still able to escape with the 34-31 victory in overtime. Against Eastern Washington, Fresno State was led by Mikey Keene who completed 23 of his 39 passes for 223 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. Running back Elijah Gilliam also had a strong game running 20 times for 86 yards and two touchdowns.
Fresno State Betting Trends
- Fresno State has won each of its last 11 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Fresno State has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four September games as a favorite.
- Five of Fresno State's last six September games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
It Could Be A Long Season for Arizona State
Arizona State sits with a 1-1 record, but even their one win wasn’t all that impressive. In the first game, Arizona State only scored 24 points against Southern Utah, and they ended up winning by only three points. In the last game against Oklahoma State, Arizona State’s offense only scored 15 points and that led to the 12-point defeat. In the last game Arizona State was led by Jaden Rashada and he completed 16 of his 29 passes for 167 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. Running back Cameron Skattebo finished with 14 carries for 62 yards a touchdown. In this game, Arizona State needs to find a way to get the offense going here.
Arizona State Betting Trends
- Arizona State has lost each of its last seven games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Arizona State has failed to cover the spread in each of its last five games against opponents from the Mountain West Conference.
- Arizona State has won the first quarter in three of its last four home games against non-conference opponents.
- Each of Arizona State's last nine games against non-conference opponents at Mountain America Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This Arizona State team isn’t very good, but the way Fresno State looked in the last game also gives me some concern. Fresno State should have had no issue winning against Eastern Washington by at least ten points, but they couldn’t get that done. I expect Fresno State won’t run away with this game with the offense and Arizona State is going to score enough to keep this game close. If Fresno State played like they did against Eastern Washington, Arizona State can win this game outright. Back Arizona State against the spread.