Florida State at Boston College Prediction - College Football Picks 9/16/23
Boston College Eagles (1-1) vs Florida State Seminoles (2-0)
Game Info: Saturday, September 16, 2023 at 12:00 pm (Alumni Stadium)
Betting Odds: Boston College Eagles +28 -- Over/Under: 55.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Boston College Eagles will host the Florida State Seminoles for ACC action this weekend from Alumni Stadium. Florida State and Boston College have met in every season since 2005, and this will mark their 20th meeting. FSU leads the all-time series, 14-5.
Florida State Seminoles Preview
Florida State enters at 2-0 after defeating Southern Miss in Tallahassee by a final score of 66-13. Through two contests, the FSU offense is averaging 524 total yards per game, passing for 303.5 ypg, while gaining 220.5 ypg on the ground.
FSU Player Notes
• Jordan Travis followed up his strong effort against LSU with a solid performance against Southern Miss, passing for 175 yards and two scores. The senior QB will leave Florida for the first time this season in what should be a good tuneup for the matchup in Clemson next week. Travis comes into Week 3 with 517 passing yards, with six touchdowns to one interception, 58 yards and a score on the ground.
• Trey Benson gained 99 all-purpose yards, and scored three rushing touchdowns in the win over USM.
• Keon Coleman leads FSU in receptions (12), receiving yards (170), and touchdowns (4) after a big game against LSU.
• The FSU defense held Southern Miss to 3/13 on third downs, while holding them to 258 total yards.
Boston College Eagles Preview
Boston College comes in at 1-1 following a home win over Holy Cross, 31-28. The Eagles narrowly avoided the embarrassing in-state defense, and business is about to pick up for them this weekend. Through two games, the BC offense is scoring 27.5 ppg, while totaling 358.5 yards per game, gaining 184.5 ypg through the air, and rushing for 174.0 ypg.
BC Player Notes
• Thomas Castellanos earned a win in his first full start, and his dual threat ability was what pushed the needle versus Holy Cross, passing for 201 yards, while rushing for 69 more, and tossing two touchdowns. The former UCF quarterback has totaled 339 passing yards, with four touchdowns to one interception, and he leads BC in rushing with 136 yards and a score.
• Junior back Kye Robichaux led the backfield with 94 yards in the win over the Crusaders.
• Lewis Bond leads the team in receptions (9) for 95 yards and a touchdown.
• The BC defense let Holy Cross covert to 4/9 on third downs, while allowing 394 total yards.
Corey’s Free Pick
Florida State’s first taste of ACC action should go well, and with a big early season battle with Clemson looming, they should come out sharp here. The Seminoles should be able to have their way offensively, and with Boston College capable of generating some form of offense on the ground, I like targeting the total for this contest. Take the over for the FSU/BC matchup.