FAU vs Clemson Prediction - College Football Picks 9/16/23
Clemson Tigers (1-1) vs Florida Atlantic Owls (1-1)
Game Info: Saturday, September 16, 2023 at 8:00 pm (Memorial Stadium)
Betting Odds: Clemson Tigers -24.5 -- Over/Under: 51.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ACC Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Florida Atlantic Owls and Clemson Tigers face off on Saturday in a Week 3 college football showdown at Clemson Memorial Stadium.
All Eyes on Cade Klubnik
All eyes are going to be on Clemson quarterback Cade Klubnik. There has been a lot of talk about how Klubnik looked in the first game, and there might have been signs of hope in Game 2, but now against Florida Atlantic, there is even more pressure on him here to have a big game. In the first game against Duke, Clemson was defeated 27-7 and Klubnik wasn’t good enough. In the last game against Charleston Southern, they were able to secure the 66-17 victory and he threw for 315 yards, four touchdowns, and one interception. Even though he looked better, they are going to need him to take better care of the ball.
Clemson Betting Trends
- Clemson has won 34 of its last 35 home games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Clemson has failed to cover the spread in 12 of its last 13 games against non-conference opponents at Memorial Stadium (Clemson).
- Clemson has won the first half in 30 of its last 31 games against non-conference opponents at Memorial Stadium (Clemson).
- Four of Clemson's last five games against non-AP-ranked teams at Memorial Stadium (Clemson) have gone OVER the total points line.
Can Florida Atlantic Bounce Back?
On the other side of this matchup is Florida Atlantic who sit with a 1-1 record overall and they have to be disappointed with how they played in the last game. In the first game Florida Atlnatic faced off against Monmouth and they were able to secure the 42-21 victory. In the last game against Ohio though, Florida Atlantic only managed 10 points and that led to the defeat. In the last game Casey Thompson threw for 180 yards but he also had two turnovers. The top rusher only had 23 yards on the ground. In this game the defnese will need to be good, but they also need to find a way to get the offense going here.
Florida Atlantic Betting Trends
- Florida Atlantic has lost each of its last 15 September games as an underdog.
- Florida Atlantic has failed to cover the spread in seven of its last eight September games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Five of Florida Atlantic's last six games as a road underdog have gone UNDER the total points line.
Clemson vs Florida Atlantic Facts
- Clemson ranked T23rd among FBS teams for H2 win percentage last season (.643).
- Florida Atlantic ranked T40th among FBS teams for Q4 win percentage last season (.500).
- Florida Atlantic suffered the equal-most losses by a margin of five points or less of any FBS team last season (4).
Shane’s Free Pick
I really don’t actually think Florida Atlantic is good, but I also look for Clemson to take a big step backwards. Klubnik isn’t the answer for Clemson and he’s going to continue to have turnover issues in this game. Florida Atlantic is going to score at least 21 points here, and that is going to be enough to keep them close. I expect Florida Atlantic is going to keep it within two touchdowns. Back Florida Atlantic against the spread.