UNLV vs Michigan Prediction - College Football Picks 9/9/23
Michigan Wolverines (1-0) vs UNLV Rebels (1-0)
Game Info: Saturday, September 9, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Michigan Stadium)
Betting Odds: Michigan Wolverines -37.5 -- Over/Under: 58 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The UNLV Rebels and Michigan Wolverines face off on Saturday in a Week 2 College Football showdown at Michigan Stadium.
Michigan Defense Dominated
The Michigan defense has high expecations for what they can do this season, and in the first game they dominated. Michigan faced off against East Carolina in the first game and they dominated giving up only three points on the way to the blowout victory. The most impressive part was East Carolina trying to pass the ball, and only finishing with 132 yards. J.J. McCarthy is under center for Michigan and it looks like he really improved his craft this offseason. McCarthy completed 26 of his 30 passes for 280 yards, three touchdowns, and zero interceptions. Blake Corum had a strong game on the ground running it 10 times for 73 yards and a touchdown. Roman Wilson caught six passes for 78 yards and three touchdowns.
Michigan Betting Trends
- Michigan has won each of its last 23 home games in September.
- Michigan has failed to cover the spread in four of its last five games against non-AP-ranked teams at Michigan Stadium.
- Michigan has won the first half in each of its last eight games against non-conference opponents at Michigan Stadium.
- Michigan has won the first quarter in nine of its last 10 games against non-conference opponents at Michigan Stadium.
- Each of Michigan's last five games against non-AP-ranked teams at Michigan Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
UNLV Dominates First Game
In the first game of the season, UNLV faced off against Bryant, and they were able to secure a 44-14 victory. At the end of the first quarter UNLV was up 44-14 and they never looked back on the way to the dominant victory. UNLV did a whole lot of running in the first game and the passing stats actually didn’t look all that impressive. Doug Brumfield completed 11 of his 18 passes for 86 yards, zero touchdowns, and one interception. If UNLV wants to win this game, the passing is going to need to be a whole lot better. Brumfield did have a strong game on the ground rushing seven times for 71 yards and a touchdown.
UNLV Betting Trends
- UNLV has lost each of its last five road openers.
- UNLV has covered the spread in 14 of its last 15 road games against non-conference opponents.
- UNLV has lost the first half in each of its last four road games against non-conference opponents.
- Six of UNLV's last seven road games against non-conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Michigan vs UNLV Facts
- Michigan ranked 1st among FBS teams for Q4 win percentage last season (.929).
- Michigan ranked 2nd among FBS teams for Q3 win percentage last season (.786).
Shane’s Free Pick
I really would stay away from this side, but the total is something I am very interested in betting. This Michigan defense is elite, and UNLV is going to have some major issues moving the ball. I also expect Michigan’s offense is going to take their foot off the gas, much like they did in the first game. Michigan won’t finish with many more than 31 points here, and this game is going to stay under the total. This is one of my favorites plays on the board.