UCF vs Boise State Prediction - College Football Picks 9/9/23
Boise State Broncos (0-1) vs UCF Knights (1-0)
Game Info: Saturday, September 9, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Albertsons Stadium)
Betting Odds: Boise State Broncos +3.5 -- Over/Under: 60.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FS1 Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The UCF Knights and Boise State Broncos face off on Saturday in a Week 2 college football showdown at Albertsons Stadium.
Is it Going to be a Down Season for Boise State?
There are some concerns about how Boise State is going to perform this season, and if the first game was an indication it could be a long season for them. Boise State opened up the season against Washington and it got ugly. At the end of the first quarter they were up 6-0 and there was some hope for Boise State. In the second quarter though they gave up 28 points and there was no hope as they were defeated 56-19. Taylen Green struggled and he completed 19 of his 39 passes for 244 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions. One of the only bright spots was Ashton Jeanty and he caught four passes for 109 yards and a touchdown.
Boise State Betting Trends
- Boise State has won 31 of its last 38 games against non-AP-ranked teams at Albertsons Stadium.
- Boise State has failed to cover the spread in seven of its last eight games against non-conference opponents.
- Five of Boise State's last six games at Albertsons Stadium have gone OVER the total points line.
Can UCF Complete in Big 12?
If the first game is any indication, maybe UCF can compete in the Big 12. UCF faced off against Kent State in the first game of the season and they were able to secure the 56-6 victory. UCF scored 14 points in each of the quarters. Under center for UCF is John Rhys Plumlee and although he made some mistakes he still finished with a big game. Plumlee completed 22 of his 30 passes for 281 yards, three touchdowns, and two interceptions. Running back Johnny Richardson finished with 12 carries for 100 yards. Wide receiver Xavier Townsend caught five passes for 81 yards and a touchdown.
UCF Betting Trends
- UCF has won five of its last six road openers.
- UCF has covered the spread in five of its last six road openers.
- Four of UCF's last five September road games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Boise State vs UCF Facts
- Boise State ranked T15th among FBS teams for H2 points per game last season (17.6).
- Boise State ranked 17th among FBS teams for H2 points allowed per game last season (9.6).
- UCF ranked 20th among FBS teams for H2 points per game last season (17.0).
- UCF ranked T21st among FBS teams for Q4 win percentage last season (.571).
Shane’s Free Pick
This feels like it could be a trap line, but I am still going to take the bait. This UCF offense is good, and Boise State’s defense clearly has some issues. Plumlee under center is going to have a strong game, and he’s going to clean up the interception issues for this game. UCF is going to give up some points here, but not enough to allow Boise State to keep this game close. Back UCF against the spread.