UAB vs Georgia Southern Prediction - College Football Picks 9/9/23
Georgia Southern Eagles (1-0) vs UAB Blazers (1-0)
Game Info: Saturday, September 9, 2023 at 6:00 pm (Allen E. Paulson Stadium)
Betting Odds: Georgia Southern Eagles -7 -- Over/Under: 61.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The UAB Blazers and Georiga Southern Eagles face off on Saturday in a Week 2 college football showdown at Paulson Stadium.
UAB Completes Easy Tune-Up
UAB scheduled a cupcake to open up the season and they did exactly what they should have done, dominated them. UAB faced off against NC A&T and they were able to secure the 35-6 victory. At halftime, they were up 21-3 and they never looked back on the way to the blowout victory. Under center for UAB is Jacob Zeno and he completed 38 of his 41 passes for 291 yards and three touchdowns. If Zeno can play that well all season, UAB is going to be in good shape. Jermaine Brown Jr had a strong game on the ground finishing with 47 yards and two touchdowns.
UAB Betting Trends
- The favorite has won each of UAB's last six games.
- UAB has failed to cover the spread in seven of its last eight matches when playing with a rest advantage.
- UAB has won the first half in each of its last three road games against opponents from the Sun Belt Conference.
- UAB has won the first quarter in eight of its last nine games against non-conference opponents.
- Seven of UAB's last eight September games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Georgia Southern Pitches a Shootout
Georgia Southern faced off against The Citadel in the first game of the season and they were able to secure the 34-0 victory. Georgia Southern did have some issues stopping the run, but the Citadel doesn’t do a whole lot of passing, so it wasn’t all that shocking the defense struggled against the run. In this game, the defense is going to need to be better. Quarterback Davis Brin did have a strong game for Georgia Southern completing 27 of his 37 passes for 244 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. Jalen White finished with 19 carries for 45 yards and he finished in the end zone.
Georgia Southern Betting Trends
- Georgia Southern has won each of its last eight matches as a favorite when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- Georgia Southern has covered the spread in each of its last four games against non-conference opponents at Allen E. Paulson Stadium.
- Georgia Southern has won the first half in each of its last three games against non-conference opponents at Allen E. Paulson Stadium.
- Eleven of Georgia Southern's last 13 games against non-conference opponents at Allen E. Paulson Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
UAB Vs Georgia Southern Facts
- Georgia Southern ranked 15th among FBS teams for Q3 points per game last season (9.1).
- Georgia Southern was one of only 27 FBS teams to lose 2+ games when leading after Q3 last season.
- UAB ranked 16th among FBS teams for Q1 points per game last season (8.8).
- UAB ranked T21st among FBS teams for Q2 win percentage last season (.615).
Shane’s Free Pick
This game is going to come down to who has the balanced team, and that team is UAB. Georgia Southern’s defense looked good in the first game, but don’t forget how bad this defense was last year. Georgia Southern is going to really struggle to slow down Jacob Zeno here, and that is going to be the difference here as the Blazers are going to have little issues getting the job done here. Back UAB against the spread.