Tulsa vs Washington Prediction - College Football Picks 9/9/23
Washington Huskies (1-0) vs Tulsa Golden Hurricane (1-0)
Game Info: Saturday, September 9, 2023 at 5:00 pm (Alaska Airlines Field at Husky Stadium)
Betting Odds: Washington Huskies -34.5 -- Over/Under: 65.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: PAC-12 Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Tulsa Golden Hurricane will play the Washington Huskies in a non-conference game on Saturday evening at Husky Stadium in Seattle, Washington. Tulsa was able to pick up a nice win over a FCS opponent in their first game, while Washington blew the doors off of Boise State in Week 1.
The Tulsa Golden Hurricane are 1-0 this year after they defeated Arkansas-Pine Bluff by a score of 42-7 last week. Tulsa actually trailed 7-0 at the end of the first quarter, but they scored 28 points in the second quarter to lead 28-7 at halftime. The Golden Hurricane added a touchdown in the third and fourth quarters and was able to cruise to the win. Tulsa out gained their opponent by a total of 517-252, but they did turn the ball over three times in the game. The Golden Hurricane rushed for 260 yards and threw for 257 yards, while going 5-9 on third down attempts. Cardell Williams threw for 233 yards and three touchdowns in the win. Jordan Ford rushed for 110 yards and one score, while Marquis Shoulders caught five passes for 132 yards and two touchdowns for Tulsa. Tulsa started this game slow, but can’t afford to do that in this matchup. The Golden Hurricane are going to have their hands full with the Washington passing attack and I doubt they will be able to keep up.
The Washington Huskies are 1-0 this season after they defeated Boise State by a score of 56-19 in Week 1. Washington trailed 6-0 to start the second quarter, but they scored four touchdowns in the second to lead 28-12 at the half. The Huskies out scored Boise State by a total of 28-7 in the second half for the easy win. Washington out gained Boise State by a total of 568-402 and forced two turnovers in the game. The Huskies threw for 490 yards and rushed for 78 yards, while going 4-10 on third downs and 1-1 on fourth down attempts. Michael Penix Jr. threw for 450 yards and five touchdowns, as he was able to maintain his strong play from last year. Will Nixon rushed for 48 yards, while Rome Odunze caught seven passes for 132 yards and one score. Washington looked very dangerous with their passing game and blew out a Boise State team that is supposed to be pretty good this year.
Washington Huskies Team Facts
- Washington has won each of its last eight games at Husky Stadium.
- Washington has covered the spread in eight of its last nine games against non-conference opponents at Husky Stadium.
- Washington has won the first quarter in 10 of its last 12 games against non-conference opponents.
- Washington has won the first half in each of its last six games against non-conference opponents.
- Each of Washington's last eight games against non-AP-ranked teams at Husky Stadium have gone OVER the total points line.
Tulsa Golden Hurricane Team Facts
- Tulsa has lost eight of its last nine road games in September.
- Tulsa has covered the spread in 12 of its last 13 games against AP-ranked teams.
- Eleven of Tulsa's last 14 games against AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Washington ranked T4th among FBS teams for Q1 win percentage last season (.692).
- Washington ranked 7th among FBS teams for points per game last season (39.7).
- Tulsa ranked 26th among FBS teams for H1 points per game last season (17.8).
- Tulsa ranked T40th among FBS teams for Q4 win percentage last season (.500).
Washington rolls into this game with a ton of confidence after last week’s big win and they should have no issues in this game. Tulsa had a solid win in their first game, but it came against a FCS team. The Golden Hurricane may generate a few scores, but I expect the Washington offense to score 50+ points again this week. I will take Washington to win big here.