Troy vs Kansas State Prediction - College Football Picks 9/9/23
Kansas State Wildcats (1-0) vs Troy Trojans (1-0)
Game Info: Saturday, September 9, 2023 at 12:00 pm (Bill Snyder Family Stadium)
Betting Odds: Kansas State Wildcats -17.5 -- Over/Under: 51.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Fox Sports Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Kansas State Wildcats and Troy Trojans face off on Saturday in a Week 2 College Football showdown at Bill Snyder Family Stadium.
Vidal is a Stud
The Troy Trojans sure looked impressive in the first game against Stephen F Austin, but most impressive was running back Kimani Vidal. Vidal couldn’t be stopped and he finished with 25 carries for 248 yards. Even though he didn’t find the end zone, he was difference maker. Troy scored 21 points in the 1st quarter and they never looked back as they were able to secure the 48-30 victory. Under center for Troy is Gunnar Watson who completed 14 of his 22 passes for 198 yards. Four touchdowns, and one interception. The offense was impressive but there has to be some concern about how the defense looked. Especially in the second quarter they struggled giving up 17 points.
Troy Betting Trends
- Troy has won each of its last four games as an underdog.
- Troy has covered the spread in each of its last six games as an underdog.
- Troy has lost the first half in six of its last seven road games against non-conference opponents.
- Each of Troy's last six September road games against AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Kansas State Dominates FCS Competition
Kansas State faced off against Southeast Missouri State in the first game of the season and they did exactly what you should against FCS competition, destroyed them. Kansas State only scored seven points in the first quarter, but it was 28 points in the second quarter that was the difference on the way to the 45-0 victory. Will Howard is under center this year for the Wildcats and he completed 18 of his 26 passes for 297 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. DJ Giddens is in line to have a big season and he finished with 15 carries for 128 yards. On defense, they did allow 213 yards through the air, but against the run they were quite impressive. The top rusher had only 18 yards and the next highest rusher had only three yards.
Kansas State Betting Trends
- The team ranked 15th in the AP Poll has won of its last seven games.
- The favorite has covered the spread in each of Kansas State's last five games at Bill Snyder Family Stadium.
- Kansas State has won the first quarter in three of its last four games against non-conference opponents at Bill Snyder Family Stadium.
- Kansas State has won the first half in each of its last five games against non-conference opponents at Bill Snyder Family Stadium.
- Each of Kansas State's last six September games as a favorite have gone UNDER the total points line.
Troy vs Kansas State Facts
- Kansas State ranked 9th among FBS teams for H1 points per game last season (20.4).
- Kansas State ranked T12th among FBS teams for Q1 win percentage last season (.643).
- Troy ranked 4th among FBS teams for Q4 points allowed per game last season (3.6).
- Troy was one of only six FBS teams to win 3+ games when trailing after Q3 last season.
Shane’s Free Pick
This Troy defense has some issues and Kansas State is going to exploit it. Kansas State scored 45 points in the first game and they are going to have no issue running up the score again here. Troy’s offense looked good in the first game and although they might not score that many points here they are going to score at least 21 points. There isn’t a good play on the side, but this game is going to go over the total. Back the over.