Ole Miss vs Tulane Prediction - College Football Picks 9/9/23
Tulane Green Wave (1-0) vs Ole Miss Rebels (1-0)
Game Info: Saturday, September 9, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Benson Field at Yulman Stadium)
Betting Odds: Tulane Green Wave +7.5 -- Over/Under: 61 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN2 Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Tulane Green Wave will host the Ole Miss Rebels in a non-conference game on Saturday afternoon at Yulman Stadium in New Orleans, Louisiana. Both of these teams won their first game of the season pretty easily and this is actually a ranked matchup. Can Tulane pull off the upset at home?
Ole Miss Preview
The Ole Miss Rebels are 1-0 this season after they defeated Mercer by a score of 73-7 in their first game. Ole Miss blew the doors off of Mercer in this one and cruised to the easy victory. Mercer tied the game at 7 early in the first quarter, but Ole Miss scored 66 unanswered points to end the game. The Rebels out gained Mercer by a total of 667-235 and forced three turnovers in the game. Ole Miss threw for 524 yards and rushed for 143 yards, while going 8-11 on third down attempts and 1-1 on fourth downs. Jaxson Dart threw for 334 yards and four touchdowns, while Spencer Sanders threw for 134 yards and two scores. Quinshon Judkins rushed for 60 yards and two touchdowns, while Tre Harris added six catches for 133 yards and four touchdowns. Ole Miss looked great to open the season, but we didn’t learn much as they played such an easy opponent.
The Tulane Green Wave are 1-0 this season after they defeated South Alabama by a score of 37-17 last week. Tulane led 10-0 after the first quarter and 24-10 at the half. South Alabama scored to cut the lead to 24-17 in the third quarter, but Tulane scored 13 unanswered points to close the game out. Tulane out gained South Alabama by a total of 436-265 and won the turnover battle by a total of 5-3. Tulane threw for 294 yards and rushed for 142 yards, while going 4-8 on third down attempts. South Alabama is supposed to be a solid team this season, as they return a good amount of production from last year’s team, so this was a very good win for Tulane. Michael Pratt threw for 294 yards and four touchdowns, while adding 39 yards on the ground. Makhi Hughes rushed for 41 yards, while Jha’Quan Jackson caught three passes for 106 yards and two scores. This was a solid tune up game to prepare themselves for Ole Miss and I really like how their offense looked in Week 1.
Tulane Green Wave Team Facts
- Tulane has won 10 of its last 11 games.
- Tulane has covered the spread in each of its last five games.
- Tulane has won the first half in each of its last four home games against non-conference opponents.
- Tulane has won the first quarter in each of its last four home games against non-conference opponents.
- Eight of Tulane's last nine games have gone OVER the total points line.
Ole Miss Rebels Team Facts
- Ole Miss has lost each of its last six September games against AP-ranked teams.
- Ole Miss has failed to cover the spread in five of its last six games as a favorite.
- Ole Miss has won the first half in three of its last four games against opponents from the American Athletic Conference.
- Each of Ole Miss' last five games against AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Tulane ranked T10th among FBS teams for Q3 win percentage last season (.643).
- Tulane ranked T10th among FBS teams for H2 win percentage last season (.714).
- Ole Miss ranked T16th among FBS teams for Q3 points allowed per game last season (3.7).
- Ole Miss ranked T16th among FBS teams for H1 win percentage last season (.692).
Tulane comes into this matchup with a very good team that is led by one of the best quarterbacks in the AAC, while Ole Miss has another high-powered offense this year. Tulane had a solid tune up game against South Alabama that they played well in, while Ole Miss didn’t learn much about their team against lowly Mercer. This is an interesting game because it is at Tulane and all of the pressure will fall on the visitors. I think we are going to see plenty of scoring in this game, as both offenses have some weapons, while the defenses are not great. Take the over here.