Oklahoma State vs Arizona State Prediction - College Football Picks 9/9/23
Arizona State Sun Devils (1-0) vs Oklahoma State Cowboys (1-0)
Game Info: Saturday, September 9, 2023 at 10:30 pm (Mountain America Stadium)
Betting Odds: Arizona State Sun Devils +3 -- Over/Under: 56.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FS1 Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Arizona State Sun Devils and Oklahoma State Cowboys face off on Tuesday in a Week 2 College Football showdown at Sun Devil Stadium.
How Bad is Arizona State?
There aren’t a whole lot of expectations surrounding this Arizona State team right now, and even though they won the first game against Southern Utah, they really looked quite bad. At halftime the Sun Devils were up 21-7 but they allowed Southern Utah to outscore them 14-3 in the second half. Under center for Arizona State is Jaden Rashada and he completed 18 of his 31 passes for 236 yards and two touchdowns. Running back Cameron Skattebo and he finished with 17 carries for 71 yards and a touchdown. Arizona State is going to need to find more offensive success but they also can’t let up like they did in the last game. If they let up like the last game, they will be beaten in blowout fashion.
Arizona State Betting Trends
- The favorite has won each of Arizona State's last seven games.
- Arizona State has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four matches at Mountain America Stadium when playing with a rest advantage.
- Arizona State has lost the first half in four of its last five games against opponents from the Big 12 Conference.
- Each of Arizona State's last eight games against non-conference opponents at Mountain America Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
Will Oklahoma State Look Better?
Oklahoma State didn’t look exactly dominant in their first game of the season against Central Arkansas, but they were still able to secure the 27-13 victory. If they play the way they did in that first game against good teams, they aren’t going to win many games. Oklahoma State only managed 13 points in the first half and in the second half they didn’t exactly run away with it. One issue for Oklahoma State is they still don’t have a named starting quarterback. The hope was they could figure it out in the first game, but now it appears it will go for another week. Alan Bowman, Garret Rangel, and Gunner Gundy all played against Central Arkansas, and all still seem to be in the running to be the starter. Rangel threw the only touchdown, but he also threw an interception. The wide receivers did have a good game, and three guys finished with more than 50 yards.
Oklahoma State Betting Trends
- Oklahoma State has won each of its last 11 games in September.
- Oklahoma State has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four games.
- Oklahoma State has won the first half in four of its last five games against non-conference opponents.
- Oklahoma State has won the first quarter in each of its last three games against non-conference opponents.
- Each of Oklahoma State's last seven games have gone UNDER the total points line.
Arizona State vs Oklahoma State Facts
- Oklahoma State ranked T21st among FBS teams for Q2 win percentage last season (.615).
- Oklahoma State was one of only 26 FBS teams to win 2+ games when trailing after Q3 last season.
Shane’s Free Pick
Oklahoma State didn’t look good in the first game, but this is a much more talented group than Arizona State. I expect Oklahoma State to get good quarterback play from whoever plays under center here. Arizona State scored only 21 points in the first game, and they are going ot struggle to get close to that number here. Oklahoma State is going to run up the score and the Cowboys are going to cover the spread.