Nebraska vs Colorado Prediction - College Football Picks 9/9/23
Colorado Buffaloes (1-0) vs Nebraska Cornhuskers (0-1)
Game Info: Saturday, September 9, 2023 at 12:00 pm (Folsom Field)
Betting Odds: Colorado Buffaloes -3 -- Over/Under: 59 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Fox Sports Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Colorado Buffaloes and Nebraska Cornhuskers face off on Saturday in a Week 2 College Football showdown at Folsom Field.
How Does Colorado Handle the Pressure?
The big question for Colorado now is how do they handle all the pressure that is on them after their first game. There was pressure on this team heading into the season, but after the first game against TCU, now there is talk about how good this team really is. The Buffaloes first game was against the TCU Horned Frogs, and they were able to secure a 45-42 victory. Travis Hunter looks like he’s one of the best players in college football and he caught 11 passes for 119 yards. He also was a lockdown defensive back. Shedeur Sanders had a strong game completing 38 of his 47 passes for 510 yards and four touchdowns. Running back Dylan Edwards also rushed for 24 yards and a touchdown and he also caught five passes for 135 yards and three touchdowns. As good as the offense was, the defense still has some major issues. They let TCU throw all over the field and they also rushed wild.
Colorado Betting Preview
- Colorado has lost seven of its last eight games in September.
- Colorado has failed to cover the spread in nine of its last 10 September games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Each of Colorado's last five games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Does Panic Set In For Nebraska?
Matt Rhule probably has this Nebraska team heading in the right direction but there are still going to be some major growing pains for this team this season. Nebraska faced off against Minnesota in their first game and they were defeated 13-10. Jeff Sims came in from Georgia Tech this offseason and he threw a couple of poorly timed interceptions. Jeff Sims completed 10 his 19 passes for 114 yards, one touchdown, and three interceptions. He was a threat with his legs and did rush 19 times for 91 yards. Minnesota is a much better defense than Colorado and they need to get the offense going here. If the offense struggles here, there will be some real panic that sets in.
Nebraska Betting Preview
- Nebraska has lost 22 of its last 23 games against AP-ranked teams.
- Nebraska has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four games in September.
- Each of Nebraska's last four September games as an underdog against AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Colorado vs Nebraska Facts
- Colorado suffered the most losses by a margin of 20+ points of any FBS team last season (10).
- Colorado suffered the most losses by a margin of 25+ points of any FBS team last season (9).
- Nebraska ranked T40th among FBS teams for Q4 points allowed per game last season (5.9).
Shane’s Free Pick
I do expect Nebraska to score more points than they did in the first game of the season, but not enough to keep this game close. Sanders looks like he’s the real deal under center for Colorado and he’s going to have a big game here. I also expect the Buffaloes' defense is going to be a little better here, and they are also going to create a couple of turnovers off of Sims. Colorado is going to go over 40 points again here, and that will be enough for the home team to cover the spread here.