Kent State vs Arkansas Prediction - College Football Picks 9/9/23
Arkansas Razorbacks (1-0) vs Kent State Golden Flashes (0-1)
Game Info: Saturday, September 9, 2023 at 4:00 pm (Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium)
Betting Odds: Arkansas Razorbacks -38 -- Over/Under: 58 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: SEC Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Kent State Golden Flashes and Arkansas Razorbacks face off on Saturday in a Week 2 college football showdown at Razorback Stadium.
KJ Jefferson Shines
KJ Jefferson is under center again this year for Arkansas and he had a big game against Western Carolina. He completed 18 of his 23 passes for 246 yards, three touchdowns, and zero interceptions. Jefferson hopes to be one of the best quarterbacks in the SEC and they are going to need him to have a big game here. Arkansas outscored Western Carolina 21-3 in the first quarter and they never looked back on the way to the 56-13 victory. Raheim Sanders scored two touchdowns, but he wasn’t exactly dynamic rushing 15 times for 42 yards. Jaedon Wilson caught three passes for 83 yards and a touchdown. In this game, if the defense is good again, Arkansas should be in good shape.
Arkansas Betting Trends
- Arkansas has won 11 of its last 12 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Arkansas has covered the spread in nine of its last 11 games in September.
- Each of Arkansas' last five September games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
It Could be A Long Year for Kent State
Kent State knew coming into the season that it could be a long season and if the first game was any indication, it’s going to be a long season. Kent State couldn’t even find an end zone against UCF and finished with only two field goals. They also gave up 14 points in each of the four games. One of the only bright spots for the defense was they did create two interceptions. Under center for Kent State was Michael Alaimo and he completed 12 of his 31 passes for 145 yards, zero touchdowns, and one interception. The top rusher for Kent State was Gavin Garcia and he rushed 18 times for 45 yards.
Kent State Betting Trends
- Kent State has lost each of its last 10 September road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Kent State has failed to cover the spread in each of its last three September road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Kent State has lost the first half in four of its last five games against non-conference opponents.
- Four of Kent State's last five games against opponents from the Southeastern Conference have gone UNDER the total points line.
Arkansas vs Kent State Facts
- Arkansas ranked T30th among FBS teams for Q1 win percentage last season (.538).
- Arkansas ranked 33rd among FBS teams for Q2 points per game last season (10.1).
- Kent State ranked 30th among FBS teams for Q2 points per game last season (10.2).
Shane’s Free Pick
UCF isn’t exactly known as an elite defensive team, and UCF only managed six points against them. Arkansas only gave up 13 points in the first game, and Kent State is going to have some major issues getting any type of offense going here. Kent State is going to struggle with good quarterback play all season, and they are going to have issues finding the end zone again in this game. Their defense also isn’t good, and they are going to really struggle to slow down Jefferson and the Arkansas offense. Back Arkansas against the spread.