Ball State vs Georgia Prediction - College Football Picks 9/9/23
Georgia Bulldogs (1-0) vs Ball State Cardinals (0-1)
Game Info: Saturday, September 9, 2023 at 12:00 pm (Sanford Stadium)
Betting Odds: Georgia Bulldogs -43.5 -- Over/Under: 56.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Georgia Bulldogs will host the Ball State Cardinals in non-conference action this weekend in Athens from Sanford Stadium on the SEC Network. This will mark the first time these two schools face off.
Ball State Cardinals Preview
Ball State comes in at 0-1 after opening the season with a 44-14 loss to Kentucky in Lexington. The Cardinals missed covering the large margin after allowing a late UK touchdown, and they'll be in for another uphill battle here in Athens. The Ball State offense totaled 295 total yards, gaining 223 yards through the air, while rushing for 72 yards.
BSU Player Notes
• Kadin Semonza made his first career start last week against UK, and he managed to protect the football, and go 15/21 for 165 yards and a touchdown.
• Former Kent State back Marquez Cooper failed to find much room versus a stingy Kentucky defense, only gaining 33 yards on 15 carries.
• Colorado transfer Ty Robinson led the way with 90 receiving yards and a touchdown, while sophomore tight end Tanner Kosovo caught a team-high eight passes for 66 yards.
• The Ball State defense allowed 357 yards of total offense in Week 1, with 241 yards coming thru the air, and 116 yards gained on the ground.
Georgia Bulldogs Preview
Georgia enters at 1-0 after beginning the season with 48-7 home win over Tennessee-Martin. The Bulldogs picked up right they left or and came out sharp on both sides of the football. The Georgia offense gained 559 total yards, passing for 400 yards, while rushing for 159 yards on the ground.
UGA Player Notes
• Carson Beck performed well in his season debut last week against UTM, passing for 294 yards and a touchdown, while adding another score on the ground. The Jacksonville native looks ready to thrive as Georgia’s next quarterback, and he’ll to take care of business again this weekend versus Ball State.
• Senior back Kendall Milton led the way with 53 rushing on nine carries, while freshman Roderick Robinson II gained 50 yards and found the endzone.
• UGA spread the ball out pretty well last week, with five receivers catching three passes or more.
• Brock Bowers opened his season with a strong 5-catch, 77-yard performance, and he added a rushing touchdown as well.
• The Georgia defense held Tennessee-Martin scoreless for three quarters, and allowed just 260 yards of total offense.
Corey’s Free Pick
The defending champs will be thrown another large margin here, and even with it honestly being possible they cover it, the total is in a much safer spot. The Bulldogs should have minimal trouble blowing the Cardinals out, but along the way, they may very well run it up themselves and hit the magic number themselves. Some help from Ball State may come as well, and with this being Georgia’s final game before an uptick in their schedule, look for them to come out sharper on the offensive end. Take the over for the Georgia/Ball State matchup this weekend.