Nevada vs USC Prediction - College Football Picks 9/2/23
USC Trojans (1-0) vs Nevada Wolf Pack (0-0)
Game Info: Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 6:30 pm (United Airlines Field at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum)
Betting Odds: USC Trojans -38 -- Over/Under: 63.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Nevada Wolf Pack and USC Trojans face off on Saturday in a Week 1 college football showdown at LA Memorial Coliseum.
Williams Can Win the Heisman
USC has already played one game so far this season and Caleb Williams put on another big show. USC faced off against San Jose State, and they were able to secure the 56-28 victory. Williams completed 18 of his 25 passes for 278 yards, four touchdowns, and zero interceptions. Williams is going to have a huge season, but this season might actually come down to how well the defense can do. The first game showed that the defense is still a big issue giving up 28 points to San Jose State. They allowed three touchdowns through the air and another one on the ground. In this game they need the defense to be better.
USC Betting Trends
- USC has won each of its last eight games at United Airlines Field at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
- USC has failed to cover the spread in each of its last three games.
- USC has won the first quarter in each of its last four games against opponents from the Mountain West Conference.
- USC has won the first half in each of its last five games against non-conference opponents.
- Ten of USC's last 11 games have gone OVER the total points line.
Nevada is in a Bad Spot
This Nevada team finished last season with a 2-10 record and although they might be a little better this season, it’s hard to imagine they are going to a bowl game. The strength of the team last year was with the winning game, but even that needs to be replaced. Toa Taua rushed for 1429 yards last year but he’s gone. Sean Dollars came in from Oregon and he’s going to need to be an x-factor in this game. Under center for Nevada will be Brendan Lewis who played for Colorado last season. On defense they really struggled stopping the pass, and that could be an issue here.
Nevada Betting Trends
- Nevada has won eight of its last nine season openers.
- The road team has covered the spread in each of Nevada's last five games.
- Nevada has lost the first half in five of its last six games against opponents from the Pac-12 Conference.
- Each of Nevada's last three road openers have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
If you thought Williams put on a show in Week 1, just wait until you see what he does against this Nevada defense. Williams threw four touchdowns in the first game, and he could go for five or six here. I still don’t trust this USC defense and Lewis is going to improve the Nevada offense, at least a little bit. Nevada is going to find enough offensive success to complement the USC offense, and this game is going to go over the total.