Bowling Green vs Liberty Prediction - College Football Picks 9/2/23
Liberty Flames (0-0) vs Bowling Green Falcons (0-0)
Game Info: Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 12:00 pm (Williams Stadium)
Betting Odds: Liberty Flames -10.5 -- Over/Under: 50.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBSSN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Bowling Green Falcons and Liberty Flames face off on Saturday in a week 1 college football showdown at Williams Stadium.
What Can Connor Bazelak do for Bowling Green?
Connor Bazelak is expected to be the starter for Bowling Green and the question is how will he perform. At one point it look like Bazelak was the player to save the Missouri program, but he transferred out to Indiana. Last season with the Hoosiers he threw for 2,312 yards, 13 touchdowns, and 10 interceptions. Out wide his favorite target will probably be Odieu Hiliare who caught 58 passes for 747 yards and six touchdowns last season. On defense Bowling Green wasn’t good enough last year, but they do bring back Darren Anders who should have a big impact on this game. In this game. Bowling Green needs to try and create a pass rush and put the pressure on Liberty.
Bowling Green Betting Preview
- Bowling Green has lost 12 of its last 13 road games in September.
- Bowling Green has failed to cover the spread in six of its last seven season openers as an underdog.
- Bowling Green has lost the first half in each of its last four games against opponents from the Conference USA.
- Five of Bowling Green's last six road games have gone OVER the total points line.
Liberty Off to Conference USA
Liberty is off to Conference USA and that means there are even more expectations for this team. Hugh Freeze left this offseason for Auburn but Liberty did make a good higher bringing in former Coastal Carolina coach Jamey Chadwell to lead the troops. The big question for Liberty is who will be the main quarterback this season. Johnathan Bennett, Kaidon Salter, and Trey Lowe are all on the roster and they all could end up playing this season. Out wide Noah Frith needs to take a huge step forward. The defense for Liberty last year was strong, but they lost a lot of key players to the transfer portal.
Liberty Betting Preview
- Liberty has won each of its last eight September games at Arthur L. Williams Stadium.
- The underdog has covered the spread in each of Liberty's last eight games at Arthur L. Williams Stadium.
- Liberty has won the first quarter in three of its last four games against non-conference opponents.
- Liberty has won the first half in five of its last six games against non-conference opponents.
- Each of Liberty's last four home games against non-conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
The defense of Liberty is going to take a step back this season, and that especially is going to hurt them in this game. Bazelak is the perfect quarterback to lead the Bowling Green offense and he’s going to have a huge game here, and a big season. This is a game that Liberty can win, and I am throwing some money on them to win this game outright, but we will take the points to be safe. Back Bowling Green against the spread.